Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Color Quiz

On every blog I read these days I see the House Beautiful color quiz. I thought it would be fun to take it, and see what it says about my color preferences...here we go!

1. What is the first color you see when you wake up in the morning? While I am on hiatus at my mother's house, I am in my old room. Benjamin Moore Gray Cashmere, it is a green-gray-blue that I had in my kitchen at my old house. I love this color. It is perfect for any room!

2. What color are your eyes? They are technically brown,, but really are more the color of my hair which is red...so a coppery, reddish, brown?

3. What color do you wear most? I am pretty diverse, but I definitely lean towards black, white, navy, and denim...that is a color in my book! I wish I looked like her in my blazer and jeans.



4. What color do you never wear? Fuchsia, if you look at my picture above, it is pretty clear why I should stay away from that color.



5. What color do you wear to feel sexy? Black. It is never boring, but always classic. The dress below is understated and womanly. Those two traits are sexiest to me.




6. What color gets you the most compliments? Lavender, but I don't wear it that often...maybe I should.





7. What color is your lipstick? Bobbie Brown Peach Brightening Lip gloss, and Bobbie Brown Lip Shine, in Claret. I usually just wear the peach gloss, but the Claret is the best red! It is not in your face, but still makes a statement!






8. What color was living room growing up? Uggghhhh, brick red. Need I say more?







9. What color are you sheets? White. Clean, fresh, and it makes me feel like I am in a hotel. My bedding is all white too, I like white sheets, and white towels.




10. What color was your favorite crayon growing up? Blue-Green, or Green-Blue.





11. What color is your car? Green Gray
12. What color was your prom dress? Mint Green



13. What is your favorite gemstone? Emeralds, like the earrings Angelina wore to the Golden Globes, or was it the Oscars...who cares! Look at those amazing emeralds!




14. What is your favorite flower? Peonies, the are full and fragrant. My absolute favorite!
15. What color makes you happy? Apple, Pear, Lime, I love fresh spring greens! I have always admired the room below. Is it just me, or does this room make you smile?




16. What color depresses you? Mauve. This room is sad, sad, sad. Moving on.



17. What color calms you? Soft gray blues. Any room Phoebe Howard does calms me. This is Benjamin Moore Glass Slipper, one of her absolute favorite colors.


18. What color makes you grind you teeth? Bright YELLOW! I hate it.



19. What color would you like to try but are too scared too? Dark navy blue, like the color in Windsor Smith's kitchen. Actually the picture below makes me much less scared, it is fabulous!











images courtesy of House Beautiful, J. Crew, Elle Decor, Nordstrom, Bobbie Brown, Benjamin Moore, Southern Accents, HGTV.com, and sorry if I missed one or two, this was a long post! Whew!










No comments:

Post a Comment