Thursday, July 7, 2011

Helpful Tips

I was flipping through the latest House Beautiful and was pleasantly surprised by the little treat just inside the cover. They call it a "Decorate by Numbers" tip sheet, that can be torn out and used when needed. I am going to list a few of my favorite tips from the experts they interviewed, some I have tweeked a little...

1. How to measure for a chandelier...
This one I knew by heart, but it is an amazing way to help figure the size chandelier you will need for you room. Add the width and the length of you room together, and that will give you a good gauge of the diameter you will need for your chandelier. Brilliant!!

2. How much paint do I need...
Typically a gallon of paint will cover 400 square feet of wall. Remember this is only a guide!!

3. How high off the dining table should your chandelier be...
Typically 36" from the bottom of the chandelier to the table top. Don't freak out if it is a few inches off, this is merely a guide.

4. How do I measure for my drapery rod...
I typically measure from outside moulding to outside moulding on the window, and add 8-10". If you don't have that much space on either side of your window try to have at least 2-3" of rod on either side of the window.

Hope these are as helpful to you as they are to me on a daily basis! Hope you guys are having a great week!! Check out my boss' new website that launched yesterday, www.ashleygilbreath.com. We have been working very hard making sure it is perfect. The portfolio has turned out amazing. There is also a link to our new blog. Become a fan, and receive 10% off your first purchase.

Until next time,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment