Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Am Loving Skirted Console Tables!

I am so into skirted console tables right now!  I think it has something to do with my southern roots.  Every house I grew up in, or frequented had a skirted table.  Typically most skirted tables are round, but the rectangular console is a new spin on a classic.  I posted a few of my favorites below...is it just a coincidence that Palmer Weiss and Phoebe Howard are featured!  I have asked Paul, my boyfriend, to build me a base, and then I have recruited my mom to make the skirt!  I cannot wait.  It is either going to go in my living room, or dining room...not sure yet?


I love the graphic David Hicks fabric in this Palmer Weiss photograph.  I also love the the turquoise gourd lamp!  
These tables are also great for hiding junk.  Our new house could have a little more storage, so this is a perfect solution.  I love the thick grosgrain trim that creates the Greek key detail.  
I remember the first time I saw the above entry way.  It was in Domino...tear.  Palmer Weiss was featured as an up and coming designer.  Look at her now!  Famous!
The perfect Phoebe Howard.  Refined and classic.  I am a huge fan of antique Windsor chairs.  They are such a piece of Americana!
This is an example of a more formal skirted table.  The box pleating is beautiful, especially the silk banding at the bottom.
This photograph really caught my eye.  What a great idea for a dining room table.  Especially f you are on a budget.  It is tailored and perfect for a growing family.  If your fabric is pre-washed, just throw it in the washer and dryer, viola!  


images courtesy of Palmer Weiss, Phoebe Howard, Southern Living, Decorpad

4 comments:

  1. This skirted console tables are so attractive and give a wonderful tailored look to a room. Great images. I really like when they are banded in a thick tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! Casamodern offers wide range of Tables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to comment off thread but I have a new blog you can find here at http://myconsoletable.com/
    and your site is kinda related to mine.

    I thought it would be beneficial for both of us to do a blogroll link exchange.

    Please let me know if you’re interested.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda - Love the pics of the skirted tables. I've been wanting to make the base, but can't find instructions. Do you have any? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete